I’m Jessica, the 15-year-old blogger behind Bookish Serendipity. I live in Canada, where winters are much longer than they should be, with my family and dog. I started Bookish Serendipity more than 2 years ago, and my little corner of the Internet is still thriving today! I’m awful at writing About pages, but here are a few fun things you should know about me:
1. I love books
You’re probably thinking, “Wow, really? I totally didn’t know that at all!” Glad to have cleared that up for you. I’m ridiculously enthusiastic about books, literature, and reading. I honestly think there is nothing like curling up with a good book. Some of my absolute favorite books are:
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas (this series is so good!!!)
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
…and so many other books. I read dozens and dozens of books a year and review so many of them on Bookish Serendipity, and on my Goodreads account. While I read principally YA fiction, I also like picking up the occasional middle grade novel, and I’m always willing to try new things when it comes to reading. I hope you find a new book or two from my posts! As you can probably tell, fantasy is definitely my favorite genre (but no, I haven’t read Harry Potter–yet!) and I’m always looking for new recs.
2. I run an Etsy shop!
Yep, it’s true! I create bookish jewelry and more based on awesome YA books at my Etsy store, Bookish Serendipity Co. You can pop over and check that out here
3. I’m pretty much always working on something new
I can’t keep still–I always need a new project to work on. I’ve done everything from starting this blog, to creating jewelry for my Etsy shop, to volunteering, to running a book donating project for charity (learn more about Operation Every Child here), to writing for magazines, and more. I’m perpetually energetic and sarcastic, and always, always, ALWAYS looking to try something new.
I also like helping out other people! If you have a question about anything at all, get in touch with me and I’d be happy to help (or you know, just fangirl about Throne of Glass). You can email me at contact [at] bookishserendipity [dot] com.
Want a conversation starter? I’m pretty much guaranteed to be interested in any of the following
- Pizza and chocolate (Do you think that ham, pineapple and onion pizza should be a thing? Me neither)
- YA books (I’m always looking for new book recs, especially fantasy!)
- Once Upon A Time or Supergirl (these shows are amazingggg)
- Skiing and skating (basically all winter sports. I do live in Canada, after all!)
- Etsy (I’m 100% obsessed with this site. What are your fave Etsy shops?)