As of today, I’ve officially been blogging for 2 years! 2 years, PEOPLE! Today’s post is likely to be quite long, because there are so many people I want to thank and lots of things I want to talk about. Let’s get this party started!
When I started blogging, I had absolutely no clue what I was getting into. My first blog was called Young Writers Café, and it was dedicated to my writing. I definitely wasn’t a pro (and I’m still not!) but I’m glad I had that experience. I learned a lot about things that, looking back, should have been pretty basic, like scheduling posts and replying to comments. YWC also helped me develop a blogging schedule that works for me! Eventually though, my blogging focus changed and I started talking more about books and less about writing. The book blogging community grew to suit me more and so last year, for my 1st blogoversary, I moved my blog to WordPress self-hosted and changed its name to Bookish Serendipity.
And so, Bookish Serendipity has been my online home for the past year. I love it here! Over the past year, I got a custom blog design (courtesy of the amazing Zoe), learned some coding, and made some great new friends, as well as learned a lot about how to run a good blog. I’ve really enjoyed the blogging experience, and hopefully I will be able to celebrate my 3rd blogoversary next year in 2016!
Blogging milestones/ other awesome things
I wanted to take the chance to highlight a few of the amazing things that have happened to me because of blogging. Be it meeting an author, or attending an industry event, or just hitting a certain stats milestone, I am so incredibly happy that all these things have happened.
1. OLA! In January, I attended the OLA Superconference to help out at the booth of author Cheryl Skory Suma! This was such a fun event, and it was great to go home with some newfound knowledge about the publishing industry. Cheryl is so kind for allowing me to come, and I can’t thank her enough!
2. 200+ posts! According to my stats, I’ve published 238 posts here at Bookish Serendipity (this number is likely to be higher by the time this post goes up, because I’m writing it ahead of time!). Since my posts tend to be between 600-700 words each, that means I’ve written 154,700 words in total, or 3 entire novels! That’s quite impressive for me. 🙂
3. Quotes! My reviews have been quoted several places (although not inside an actual book), such as pamphlets, on author websites, and even in the Editorial section of a book’s Amazon page, in the same section as Booklist and Quill & Quire.
4. 1000+ Comments! According to my stats, I’ve received a thousand and seventy-two (1072) comments! Wow! I never expected to receive that many comments on my little corner of the Internet, and I am so thankful to everyone who has taken the time to read my posts and share their thoughts.
Most Popular Posts:
Here are a few of my most popular posts from the past two years…
- My review of Loot by Jude Watson is my most popular post ever! I’m not sure why since this wasn’t necessarily an outstanding review, and it was published pretty far back, but it still gets quite a few hits a month.
- In December, I interviewed several ’15 debuts about their upcoming novels. I’m so happy that this post is one of my most popular!
- My guide to ARCs also received quite a few hits, which I’m not entirely surprised about. I had had several people ask me about it, and it does seem to be a popular topic!
If you’ve taken the time to read my posts, to talk about them, to tell someone about Bookish Serendipity, to reply to my comments on your blog, to chat with me on Goodreads, or to recommend a book to me–thank you! YOU ARE AWESOME. There are a few people I’d like to thank in particular for a) taking the time to chat with me b) being a role model, or c) just being plain awesome. I’m probably going to totally miss someone so if I forget you, don’t worry!
In no particular order…
Ana @ Butterflies Of The Imagination. Ana, you are so awesome. You’ve commented on pretty much every post I’ve written, so THANK YOU. Besides your amazing commenting skills, you’re also an all-around nice person and I love your blog. Thank you so much!
Claire @ Cover To Cover. Go Neon Popcorn Kernels (I think?)! I’ve only known your for a few months, but I am so glad that I got to know you, and I cannot wait to meet you at BEA (hopefully). I promise, I will read Harry Potter soon!
Maisha @ Books Equal Awesomeness. I don’t read your posts often enough but your posts are always so fun, and you always manage to have great content. We don’t chat too often, but I do love talking with you about books!
Fari @ My Little Corner For Books. You are such a great person to fangirl with! ALL THE CAPS, PEOPLE! You also have impeccable taste in books, and your reviews are always super fun.
Chloe @ The Book Hugger. Chloe, we’ve known each other for ages, and I’m so glad I met you! Not only are you an awesome person, but we also have similar tastes in books, and I can always trust you for an honest review. I always love hearing about what you’re writing as well!
Emily @ For The Bookish. Emily! I adore your blog design, and I always love reading your blog! Your posts are always so thoughtful, and I love waking up and seeing another FTB post in my feed. 🙂
Nova @ Out Of Time. You’re the first blogger I met in real life, and thank you for such a fun experience! You’re awesome, and I love your hair as well!
There are so many other people I want to thank! Here are a few other people I wanted to mention but then realized halfway through that this post was already super long: Cynthia @ Book Binges, Ally @ The Scribbling Sprite, Kara @ Diary Of A Teen Writer, Daisy @ A Bookish Flower, Emily @ Loony Literate, and Cait @ Paper Fury. I’d also like to thank all the lovely writers and publicists who have put up with me for the past two years! I’m probably forgetting someone…
Because y’all are so awesome, I’ve decided to do a little giveaway for one (1) book off your wishlist. To enter, just fill out the Rafflecopter form below and include a link to your Goodreads to-reads shelf/ wishlist, or a few books that you’re interested in, and we’re all ready to go! This giveaway is US/ Canada only. No cheating, please!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
That’s a wrap! Thank you to everyone who has supported me over these past 2 years, and I can’t wait to talk to you more in the future!